- Chicken 1KG
- Spring Onion - 1 bunch
- Methi Leaves - 2 bunch
- Onion 4 Sliced
- Tomato 3 Sliced
- Garlic 2
- Green Chilly 4
- Ginger (Grated)
- Pudina & Coriander Leaves
- Half Grated Coconut
- Ghee, Haldi (Turmeric), Salt
Sunday afternoon, wifey not at home and a close friend comes home. It was a perfect occasion to try out this new dish. I just love Chicken and Methi (fenugreek) is one of my all time favorite soppu. I thought of preparing a chicken dish with Methi leaves & Spring Onion. I literally had no idea how the dish would come out. But it turned out to be a class chicken recipe. we all enjoyed it with rice.
Here i present to you all my recipe of spicy spring onion and methi chicken.
- Heat 3 spoons Ghee, add sliced onions, garlic cut into small cubes, sliced green chillies and grated ginger. Fry for a minute.
- Add Chicken to it. Sprinkle a table spoon of Rock Salt and Haldi (turmeric powder) and spoon of red chilly powder. Mix it well and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced Tomatoes and stir it. Don’t add any water to it. Let it cook for another 5-6 minutes, do stir occasionally
- Once you feel Chicken is cooked enough add one bunch of chopped spring onions, 2 bunches chopped methi leaves , fist full of chopped pudina and fist full coriander leaves.
- Mix it well, and let it cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the grated coconut, mix well… and your methi & spring onion Chicken is ready to serve.
Do prepare and let me know how it was…