- Raw Mango – 1
- Green chili – 1 – 2
- Jaggery – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Urad daal – ½ tsp
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Red chili – 1
- Astofedia (Optional)
- Curry leaves – 4
- Garlic - 6 pieces (Optional)
Favorite dish of Havyaka Brahmin community. Appe Huli can be prepared only using raw Mango; we can also call it as favorite drink of summer season. Appe Huli is the main attraction of all marriages and functions in summer. Ananta Bhattana Appe is a variety of mango, Appe huli prepared by this raw Mango is most delicious. Appe Huli can be prepared with other raw mango as well.
Appe Huli can be mixed with rice to eat and tastes great to drink like juice after meal.
- Peel of the skin of Raw Mango and boil in water.
- Wait till it cools down. Grind it with green chili, mustard. (Boiled mango can also be squeezed)
- Transfer it to the container. Add required amount of Water.
- Appe Huli is always watery.
- Add salt and jaggery.
- For seasoning, heat oil in a pan, add Urad daal, mustard, Astofedia, garlic, red chili and curry leaves
- Appe Huli is ready to eat and drink
Health Benefits :
- Raw mango is a wonderful source of Vitamin C.
- Raw mangoes contain B vitamins that help you retain good health. Raw mango can help your indigestion. It would also relieve constipation.
- Dried powder of raw mango that is prepared after drying in sun is highly useful in the treatment of scurvy (Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitamin C).
- Raw mangoes has anticancer properties
- Raw mango is found to be an effective home remedy for morning sickness.