- Wheat flour – 1 Bowl
- Sugar – 1 Bowl
- Ghee – 1/4 Bowl
- Raisin – 10
- Cashew – 5
- Almond – 5 (Optional)
- cardamom – 4 (Optional)
- Kesar - 10
Earlier days Wheat was soaked overnight and then grinded to extract juice to prepare Halwa. This was one method; the other way of doing it is with soaked broken wheat. Above mentioned are lengthy procedures. Method that is mentioned below can be cooked with only 30 minutes. Mixed Atta can also be used to make Halwa.
Godhi Halwa is soft and children to elders love to eat this.
- Mix Atta with water. Make sure it is mixed very well.
- Let it be little more watery than the Dosa mix.
- Heat a pan and pour atta mix to the pan.
- Start stirring it, till it becomes little thick.
- Add Sugar, cardamom, and Almond Pieces and stir it well.
- Once the Sugar is dissolved add Ghee to it and stir it well.
- Halwa consistency will stop sticking to the pan.
- Transfer the Halwa mix to a plate with Ghee applied
- Leave it to cool down. (Can be kept in the fridge).
- Cut it to the desired shape.
- Stick Raisin, cashew and saffron to it.
Note: Keep all the ingredients handy and ready. Do not stop stirring till the desired consistency is ready.