- Round Brinjal (Eggplant), gulla badnekai 8
- Onions 3
- Tomato 3
- Garlic 15 pieces
- Ginger 25 gms
- Green chilli 6
- Red chilli powder 1tsp
- Dania (coriander) powder 2 tsp
- Grated coconut 1 bowl
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
- Cloves 3
- Oil ½ bowls
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a pan; add chopped onion (2), garlic, ginger, green chillies and fry for a while.
- Grind the fried items with 1 bowl of grated coconut, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder, cloves, Dania powder, salt, red chilli powder, coriander leaves to fine paste. Don’t add water.
- Slit the brinjal into 4 by keeping the stem intact.
- Stuff the grounded masala in them.
- Heat oil in a cooker and season with mustard seeds, onion and fry for a while.
- Add tomato and fry them again.
- Add stuffed brinjal , remaining masala and salt (one or two pinches) and fry for a while.
- Then cover the cooker with the lid and wait for a whistle.
Now Badnekayi Ennegayi is ready to serve with chapatti / Dosa /Akki rotti or with Rice.
- Nutrients: Brinjal (eggplant) is an excellent source of dietary fiber. It’s a very good source of vitamins B1, B6 and potassium. It’s a good source of copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, and folic acid.
- Researches have shown that Brinjal can be used to fight cancer, high blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. Brinjal peels can also be used as potent antioxidant and free-radical scavenger