- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 cup Very fine Semolina
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour or Maida
- A handful of peanuts (without skin) - unsalted & unroasted & broken coarsely in a mixer
- Curry leaves
- White sesame - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 tea spoon cumin seeds
- 5 -6 green chillies
- 3/4 cup onion pieces
- Asafoetida a pinch
- 2 tea spoon coconut
- Oil, Salt
Maddur vada or maddur vade is a famous snack from the Maddur. Maddur is a small town in Mandya district in Karanataka. It comes in between Bangalore and Mysore. It’s a famous tea time snack. It’ll be very nice to have with a cup of hot filter coffee.
If any of you want them in bulk do let me know we’ll arrange them to be delivered to you fresh from Maddur.
- Make a paste of cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Mix all the ingredients above with the paste.
- Add 3 spoons of hot oil and mix well. DO NOT add water, as water released by onions is sufficient. If required, add little more oil to get the dough in circular(Vada) shape.
- Make medium sized balls of the dough; flatten them into discs of 3 – 4 mm thickness with your hand on a oiled plastic sheet.
- Fry on medium flame. Roast it till it turns brown. Turn the vada from time to time so that it does not become brown too soon.
- When it turns brownish, spread them on tissue paper.