- • Green gram/Hesaru kaalu – 50 gms
- • Horse gram – 15 gms
- • Chana/Kadle kaalu – 25gms
- • Ground nuts/kadlekai – 25 gms
- • Whole moth/Madike kaalu – 50 gms
- • Onion – 1
- • Tomato – 1
- • Coconut – 3 T spoons
- • Green chillies - 2
- • Curry leaves
- • Sabji Powder – 2 T spoons
- • Oil – 2 T Spoons
Molake kaalu playa is one of the easiest, delicious and healthiest side dish. This has been my all time favorite, not only because it saves lot of time also Sprouts have long been famous as “health food.” Recent research shows that in addition to being a superb source of nutrients, sprouts also have curative properties. Research shows that sprouts are a veritable fountain of youth. Sprouts
abound with antioxidants, they are full of protein, chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Molake kaalu palya tastes good with Chapathi/Jowhar rotti/Akki rotti and rice.
- Wash and Soak Green gram, Channa, Groundnut, Horse Gram and Whole math overnight.
- Boil all these together. Cooker can be used.
- Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped Onion,fry it till turns brown.
- Add finely chopped Tomato and fry it till it becomes soft.
- Add finely chopped green chillies.
- Add Sabji masala powder and mix it well.
- Add boiled pulses leave it for 5 minutes.
- Add curry leaves and coconut.
- Molake kaalu palya is ready to eat.
Green gram: Fat Protein, High Fiber, Low Glycemic and nutricous.
Chana: Fiber Advantage and Weight Loss, Protein for Vegetarians, Manganese for Energy Production, Iron Boost, Stabilizing Blood Sugar and Low Glycaemic Index ,Heart Healthy
Ground nut: Peanuts are a good source of niacin, folate, fiber, magnesium, Vitamin E, Manganese and phosphorus.
Whole Moth: Greater concentration of vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes. easily digestible.
Horse Gram: Excellent diuretic and astringent, Variety of conditions ranging from rheumatism to worm removal, Conjuctivitis and piles can be treated. Controls skin rashes and boils.
1. Can be boiled in a separate vessel in the pressure cooker while preparing rice.
2. refer sabji masala link or use sabji masala powder available in the market.