- Tomatoes- 3-4
- Dates (soaked andchopped)- 6
- Dry red chilli- 1
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped Ginger- 1/2 teaspoon
- Gingerpaste- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil- 2/3 teaspoon
- Jaggery -1/4 cup
- Raisins- 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Unlike a sour or hot chutney this Tomato n Date chutney is a sweet chutney which has mild tangy flavor and the sweetness of dates and jaggery overpowers the taste. A hint of ginger added will please your taste buds like never before. Serve this at the end of the meal and you will be loaded with compliments and people will ask for more of this chutney.
1.Heat oil in a pan and temper it with ginger paste, mustard seeds and red chilli.
2.Add the tomatoes and cook it on medium flame till the water from the tomatoes disappears.
3. Add jaggery, chopped ginger, raisins and dates and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Once a thick mixture is formed, remove from oven and let it cool.
5. Roast and Ground the methi seeds and fennel seeds together and serve with rice or paratha.
Vitamin A, present in tomato aids, aids in improving vision, preventing night-blindness Daily consumption of tomatoes reduces the risk of developing hypertension.Tomato intake also reduces urinary tract infections as well as occurrence of bladder cancer.